Monday, January 22, 2007

The Angelika



The Angelika
This past Saturday, Sapna and I made plans to check out a " Mafioso" at the Angelika. After braving the bitter cold and looking forward to seeing this 1962 black and white mafia flic we were more than happy to sit in a toasty movie theatre with snacks and escape nyc for an hour or two. Unfortunately this was not the case. Not only could we not see the screen due to the prehistoric movie seats and a screen smaller than my LCD at home, but it was freezing in there AND the white subtitles on the black and white film were illegible until an actor in a dark coat walked by the writing. I couldn't wait to leave that theater. So next time I want to catch an indie or a foreign flic it will NOT be at the Angelika with their $6 lates. scoff! I turn my nose up at you stuffy and pretentious Angelika theatre. Get some f'in stadium seating. Foreign film should not equal discomfort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And their snacks suck too!