Monday, January 29, 2007

Daily News : January 29th 2007

Disclaimer: I wrote this at 4am last Wednesday and yes that is a pic of my cast and no I didn't break my leg.

Have you ever considered the theory of "an eye for an eye a tooth for a

tooth" or do you believe in karmic retribution, luck, coincidence,
fate?
In life I do my best to treat others as I would like to be treated.
And fully agree with for every crime there should be an equal
punishment.
Why am I bringing up these ambiguous questions you ask?

I bring these questions up for last week I helped out a fellow friend.

I drank responsibly, sent myself home at a reasonable hour even shared a cab
with a friend to cut the cost. After dropping my cab mate off I receive a
call from my homegirl whom I had left at the concert hall. Mind you I am
8 blocks from home on the UWS and she is on delancy and bowery.
I tell her no worries, ill turn the cab around and drive you uptown and well
get some food.
Good deed no?
As I'm stepping out of the taxi I don't realize that the street is uneven and a huge chuck of street is missing from beneath my foot. I trip and fall badly hurting my knee and breaking
my fall with my left ankle. I pick myself up and hobble down the block
to my wasted friends car. I remove my shoe and drive us the 80+ blocks
uptown. Once home my boyfriend who is 300+ miles away tries to console
me and my dog try's to make me feel better but to no avail something is
not right. I send myself to st. Roosevelt hospital and here is where I
sit. After 3 xrays, 2 ice packs, 2 perkaset, 1 tetnis shot, 3 homeless
people and a few nice young ER doctors I'm there at 4am. Waiting. Waiting
for an answer as to if I fractured my ankle, waiting for an answer as to
how did this happen to me and trying to figure out if its karma biting
me in the ass for my good deed, a punishment for crimes of my past or
just plain back fucking luck. All I know is the perks are slowly kicking
in and watered down apple juice is decent but I would really like to
know what the f is wrong with my ankle!!!! Will someone please help me
out. Public health care is frightening! Yet, I thank all the people who
are here at all hours to help me in my time of need.

1 comment:

The Little Black Girl That Could said...

Oh no luv!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! Let me know if you need anything. Maybe Rah and I should come by and cook you dinner so just keep you company! I'll give you a call this week...and thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday!!!!!! Love and Light...J