Saturday, April 21, 2007

Just Another Friday Night

For the first time in a long time, I went out last night. I celebrated my friend Bevy's Birthday at this very exclusive super fabulous spot at a location I won't disclose. This spot was so "hip" it hadn't even registered on my radar until well, I was brought there. Shit, I thought I still was a step ahead of the game.

We arrive and it's' this sort of speak easy/coke den'esque kind of vibe with 15 year old models and those "beautiful" people who don't feel the need to shower and love, love buddy holly glasses and flannel shirts paired with a $1200 pair of louis vuitton loafers, fantastic. The downstairs has low ceilings and a west village kind of vibe while the upstairs was the epitome of a coke den.

On this night in we came in at the tail end of Editor in Chief Anna Wintours daughters birthday party. Hence the 15 yearolds at that hour.
We find ourselves in the back corner at a fab table, parked on the red leather couch watching the girls dancing in short voluminous dresses (all the rage this season) and the gay men that love them, awaiting the bottles of champagne to officially start off the birthday festivities.

Corks popped, glasses ching ching'in I start taking note the the faces I actually recognize from my fashion magazines. For fucks sake I see Zac Posen, I nearly teeter and topple over my 4inch patent leather heels. I send a woosh of whispers around our table regarding my discovery.
I'm now plotting and pondering how in the world can I;
A. Get him to realize I'm his next big muse
B. Get a discount, a bag, a leftover fabric swatch
C. a job.
..then I noticed Jessica Stam and distracted myself and continued to drink and party with my friends. Someone then asks me to come with them to the bar, I reluctantly go cause its so crowded and I feared getting singed by one of the thousands of flaming cigarettes ablaze in this small room. AS we make our way through the crowd who winds up directly in front of me... who .. who you ask?
ZAC mother fucking POSEN.. I'm like open your big mouth Sam. Say something this man is genius!
And naturally, I do. I said to him in that sultry way I do.
SH: "I don't know if this is inappropriate to say in this environment but I absolutely love your clothing and I think your a fucking genius."
ZP: "Thank you so much, it's certainly not inappropriate, I really appreciate that"
SH: *gushing* "I said please continue to make women look beautiful"
ZP: "My goal is to bring out a women's character and confidence. The clothing is such that it will bring it out even if they don't know it's in there."
SH: "That's quite inspirational"
ZP: "It's meant to be"
And then the fashion love of my life disappeared into the smokey sea.

More was said, but who can recall all the details. I would like to thank Bevy for having a birthday, for having fabulous friends because I had a blast and think I found a new hairdresser and job. And I would especially like to thank Ralph for forcing me to walk to the bar.

I came home smelling like a Marlboro factory, needing a shower and some food. All in all it was a great night!

www.zacposen.com

Jessica Stam: Go open every magazine in your house. She is in more add campaigns then Kate Moss. Vera Wang, Dolce & Gabbana, Anna Sui, BCBG, and Valentino. She became the face of Armani, Sonia Rykiel and Rochas.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good time...thanks for recounting some of that...I really only remember the 5 bottles of champagne xx

b